Aside from rituals, prayers, and blessings, there are a few things that need to be done every year to keep Temple of Fortuna dot com’s non-profit status current and in good standing. The information in this article is current as of the date of first publishing, but be sure to check on the most recent updates to websites and regulations.
Each Temple of Fortuna dot com corporate fiscal year is from November 1st to October 31st
I like to complete all the following tasks within the first two weeks of November every year, so I can focus on other things until the following November.
These are Business Housekeeping items that need to happen with the fiscal year:
- Annual board meeting November 1 7pm until…
- Meeting minutes are written.
- Annual USA federal filing for the organization.
- Annual California state filing for the organization.
- Annual insurance quote request for the organization.
- Records of these things are also kept.
- Website gets backed up, physical files are updated, and so forth.
This is really simple stuff that only takes a few hours a year, and it’s so important to keep up with.
Even though this might seem complicated, it’s really easy once you get used to doing it. The website is organized so that most of the information needed for the submittals may be found in blog posts, and in topics listed at the sidebar.
One more task needs to happen with the regular year:
The receipts need to be sent out in time for people to do their taxes, in January.
Every two years (biennially in odd-numbered years), an item and a payment needs to happen: